Everyone has challenges in the new year. Lose weight, find love of life, clean your room regularly, etc. While I completely share these dedications, I would also like to declare my dedications to my reading addiction this year. Below is a challenge I am going to take, and following that is the books I currently have that I want to finish. Comment, please!
- A book published this year: The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- A book you can finish in a day: (still looking for one)
- A Book you’ve been meaning to read: The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
- A book recommended by a local librarian or bookseller: Brida by Paulo Coelho
- A book chosen by your BFF: BFF, tell me!
- A book published before you were born: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- A book that was banned at some point: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossini
- A book you previously abandoned: Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes
- A Book you own but have never read: The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
- A book that intimidates you: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- A book you’ve read at least once: Emma by Jane Austen
Currently on my bookshelf waiting to be read:
- Currently reading: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I have so much love for this writer and the book at this point. Really having a fantastic time. I can’t read too much at a time, because the book simply has such big ideas.
- Bridget Jones: Mad about the Boy by Helen Fielding. I really do love the original Bridget Jones, so quite interested to see what this is about.
- Brida by Paulo Coelho. Coelho is such an obscure, strange author. I’m never really sure what to make of his work.
- The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. Oh, because I need cheese in my life.
- Live in Dreams by Josephine Cox. Started it and put it down again, but I will finish it just to be scathing.
- Indelible by Karin Slaughter. To continue the series.
- The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead. Because it was a mad hunt to get a copy and I want to be able to say that I’m done with the series.
What are your reading plans for the year?